VISUAL CONTENT MARKETING – When Words Are Secondary
Sometimes words are secondary …
Take a look at more visuals below which tell the story of Visual Content Marketing – and ask yourself if your video, photography and graphics budget might need an increase?
General Visual Content Stats
1) Researchers found that colored visuals increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80%.
2) When people hear information, they’re likely to remember only 10% of that information three days later. However, if a relevant image is paired with that same information, people retained 65% of the information three days later.
3) 46% of marketers say photography is critical to their current marketing and storytelling strategies.
4) 34% of marketers selected visual assets as their most important content, behind blogging (45%) and before videos (19%).
5) 65% of senior marketing executives believe that visual assets (photos, video, illustrations and infographics) are core to how their brand story is communicated.
6) Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images.
Image Credit: QuickSprout
7) Only 27% of marketers have a process in place to aggregate, organize, and manage the visual assets being used across their marketing teams. Tweet this stat! (Source)
8) 39% of marketers believe that more of their budget should be allocated to the acquisition or creation of compelling visual assets. Tweet this stat! (Source)
9) 73% of content creators plan to prioritize creating more engaging content in 2016, and 55% plan to prioritize creating visual content. Tweet this stat!(Source)
Image Credit: Content Marketing Institute
10) 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
11) Shoppers who view video are 1.81X more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
12) Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, click-through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26%.
13) Midway through 2015, mobile video plays exceeded 44% — up 74% from 2014 and up a whopping 844% since 2012.
Image Credit: Ooyala
14) Between April 2015 and November 2015, the amount of average daily video views on Facebook doubled from 4 billion video views per day to 8 billion.
15) In July 2015, Periscope users were watching 40 years’ worth of videos every day.
Image Credit: FastCompany
16) In Q2 of 2015, mobile phones (34%) and tablets (15%) combined for 49% of video ad impressions — up from 38% in Q1 of 2015. Publishers saw PC impressions drop from 62% to 50% in the previous quarter.
17) Syndacast predicts 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video.
Image Credit: Syndacast