As a child, Laura Bennett lived all over the United States, in places as different as Alamogordo, New Mexico, St. Louis, Missouri and Los Angeles, California. The daughter of a NASA "rocket scientist", she quickly learned to adapt to unique places, varied faces and diverse cultures. As an adult her career has taken her to cities across the United States and at each stop she was given the opportunity to be part of major events and worldwide trends. As a result she has enjoyed living in Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, Austin and Miami before settling in Orlando.
Those life experiences proved invaluable to Laura, who founded Bennett & Company in 1982. More than 700 clients later, she has represented everything from popes and presidents, to major corporations, entrepreneurs, authors and associations.
Prior to opening Bennett & Company, Laura spent a decade working for major corporations such as AT&T, Amoco Oil, the National Restaurant Association and even had a stint in the White House. Her takeaway from those experiences - open her own firm and focus on her client’s success.
She is married to her high school sweetheart, is an ardent traveler, dog lover, Gator fan and active in her community and professional organizations.
A believer in building relationships, giving back to her community and her profession and on a never-ending quest for knowledge – Laura is active in the following organizations:
- SATW – Society of American Travel Writers - an office holder and active member since 1986
- NAREE – National Association of Real Estate Editors – winner of the President’s Plate and member since 1991
- ULI (Urban Land Institute) active with international marketing councils
- University of Central Florida, Rosen School of Hospitality – Chairman of advisory board, 2012, 2013 and 2014, Department of Tourism
- University of Florida, Gator Boosters organization
- Longtime provider of Pro Bono projects for WMFE, Central Florida’s Public Radio station and the Community Foundation of Central Florida
- Speaker at national builder conferences, travel organizations, professional groups
and University of Florida